Press Releases: Internal Efficiency & Effectiveness
July 15, 2005
OPM’s GoLearn Program Awards eLearning Services for IDIQ Contracting Vehicle
Washington, DC - The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) GoLearn program, one of three service providers to the e-Training Initiative, has announced its vendor awards for the new Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracting vehicle. The IDIQ is intended to provide eLearning services and support to the federal government.
“The announcement of the vendor awards is a step forward on our promise to create a federal government that is keeping pace with today’s technological advances,” said OPM Director Linda M. Springer. “eLearning is one of the many programs that is benefiting from OPM’s work with vendors to provide quality services and products.”
In response to the GoLearn Request for Proposal, OPM received 96 vendor responses from 67 vendors. Of the 67 vendors, 50 were selected to deliver eLearning products and services across seven Special Technical Areas, including:
- Learning Management Systems (LMS)/Learning Content Management Systems (LCMS)
- Training Content
- Collaboration Tools and Human Capital Performance Applications
- Implementation, Customization and Integration Support Services
- Consulting, Transformational Change Management
- Academic Licensing, Credentials, and Online Degrees
- GoLearn Staff Support and Services
The contract value is estimated at $225 million over the course of the five-year contact, with a $25,000 minimum per vendor over the life of the contract.
“We spent considerable time and energy with representatives from across government on the contracting vehicle,” said OPM Acting eTraining Project Manager Dr. Jeff Pon. “The federal community has waited patiently for the award of this contracting vehicle, and I am confident that our deliberate process has yielded a substantial service offering for the federal learning community.” p>
The mission of OPM’s GoLearn program is to provide the full spectrum of web-based human capital performance (e-HCP) tools and the full range of web-based training content, including academic, technical, executive and organizational development courses to any federal government employee or industry partner in any media at any time.
GoLearn focuses on unifying and simplifying IT infrastructure and licensing costs, along with increasing employee access to high quality e-Learning products and services that advance agency missions. GoLearn directly supports the vision and mission of the eTraining Initiative by:
- Reducing redundancies in the development and purchase of e-Training content.
- Achieving economies of scale for government agencies by consolidating back- office infrastructure, consolidating security costs, creating volume software license purchases, and eliminating redundant eLearning management in government.
- Offering easy, one-stop access to a robust, high-quality learning environment.
- Creating economies of know-how by offering expert consulting and facilitation to agencies implementing eLearning systems, and by creating collaborative environments for the sharing of best practices between industry and government eLearning leaders.
- Providing highly interoperable, integrated eHuman Capital performance tools to maximize the benefit of technology-assisted learning.
- GoLearn is a fee-for-service program operating within OPM and is a leading eLearning Service Provider to the E-Training Initiative.