Total Federal Assistance to New York
Funding Provided from the $40 Billion Emergency Supplemental Appropriation
Amount Released to Date ($2.5 billion)
Amount in Congressional Request ($6.3 billion)
- $2.0 billion to FEMA for emergency response and debris removal.
- $500 million for SBA loans, medical services, and dislocated worker assistance.
Amount Reserved for Additional Assistance ($1 billion)
- $4.9 billion in additional FEMA assistance (includes $2.1 billion
for debris removal, $1.75 billion for subway and road repair, and $1 billion
for building repairs,)
- $600 million in additional SBA disaster loans,
- $500 million in additional dislocated worker assistance.
Subtotal = $9.8 billion in New York Assistance in the Emergency
Supplemental Appropriations law
Funding Provided in Other Laws and Presidential Proposals
- Victims compensation (estimates cannot be determined at this time)
- Presidents economic stimulus plan ($1.7 billion)
- Presidents back to work assistance plan ($1.1 billion)
- Other (FEMA hazard mitigation, airline compensation)
Subtotal = $3.2 billion in New York assistance provided in other laws
and Presidential proposals
TOTAL PROPOSED TO DATE = $13 BILLION
PRELIMINARY ESTIMATES OF POTENTIAL FUTURE FUNDING REQUIREMENTS = AT
LEAST $7 BILLION.
GRAND TOTAL = AT LEAST $20 BILLION (plus victims compensation)
Return to this article at: