November 20, 1998
TO THE HEADS OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES
Edward DeSeve /s/
|SUBJECT:||Technical Amendments to OMB Bulletin 97-01, Form and Content of Agency Financial Statements|
1. Purpose. This transmittal memorandum contains technical amendments to OMB Bulletin 97-01, Form and Content of Agency Financial Statements. The purpose of these amendments is to address new standards and issues that have arisen since the issuance of Bulletin 97-01.
2. Applicability. The amendments to OMB Bulletin 97-01 apply to those entities listed in Appendix A and B of OMB Bulletin No. 98-08, Audit Requirements for Federal Financial Statements.
3. Effective Date. The amendments are effective with financial statements prepared for fiscal years ending on and after September 30, 1998.
4. Revisions. Replace original pages in OMB Bulletin 97-01 with the replacement pages and the Appendix attached to this memorandum (See the attached list of replacement pages).
5. Inquiries. Further information concerning this memorandum may be obtained by contacting the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Federal Financial Management, Washington, DC 20503, telephone (202) 395-3993.
6. Copies. Individual
copies of this memorandum, as well as the amended version of OMB
Bulletin 97-01, may be obtained from the OMB home page on the Internet
Click below to download OMB Bulletin 97-01:
Document in Word Perfect 6.1 (1,025 kb)
Entire Document in Microsoft Word 97 (1,077 kb)
changes made on November 20, 1998 in Word Perfect 6.1 (798
Only changes made on November 20, 1998 in Microsoft Word 97 (880 kb)