Eisenhower Executive Office Building.

EEOB History Fact of the Week


A formal re-opening of the bowling lanes at the EEOB occurred on October 2, 1959 after the original lanes were replaced and two new automatic pinspotters were added. The original lanes were a gift to President Truman in 1947 and were removed from the West Wing basement and installed in 1955 in the EEOB basement. The ten teams in 1959 were: 1-White House Police, 2-Security, 3-Lucky Strikes, 4-Mail Room, 5-White House Five, 6-Maintenance, 7-Secret Service #2, 8-Barry's Raiders, 9-White House Police, and 10-Secret Service #1. Team 5 was the year's top team.